Tuesday 23 December 2014

HIS CONTRACT EXPIRES ON 30TH JUNE BUT KHEDIRA KEEN TO STAY

NEW CONTRACT ON THE WAY
Sami Khedira made it clear in an interview with a German newspaper that if it were up to him, he would stay at Real Madrid beyond the duration of his current contract, which expires at the end of the season. "I'd be happy if we found a solution", the midfielder told Stuttgarter Nachrichten.
Having put his latest injury behind him, Khedira is up for the fight for a place in Carlo Ancelotti's side: "I'm in good shape again and so I'm very confident that I'm going to get my chances to play very soon", the former Stuttgart man noted, adding, "I'm a fan of fierce competition".
Khedira also lavished praise on Toni Kroos, his compatriot, who is shining in the middle of the park for Real Madrid: "He's doing really well. He's only been here for half a year and he's already a key cog in our system".