Friday 10 April 2015

'EL NIÑO' WANTS CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION WITH ATLÉTICO


Fernando Torres has revealed that his personal objectives in his new era at Atlético de Madrid are "to help the team, play many games and score many goals". 'El Niño' feels the club to he his home and would love to "see a celebration at Neptuno [the Madrilenian fountain where Atlético fans traditionally go to celebrate their successes]", just like he did when he was a child.

"I really hope to see a celebration at Neptuno, like I did when I was 11, with the 'double'" he enthused in an interview published on UEFA's official website. Back when he was 11 years old, he played in the club's youth system and delighted at his heroes winning the league and cup, the legendary 'double', back in the 1995-96 season.

Torres said that it was "difficult to explain" the relationship he has with Atlético de Madrid. "Ever since I started playing football, I have been a fan of this team. I was luckily enough to join its ranks when I was just 10 years old, the year of the 'double'. It was a great year, winning la Liga and the cup. I had great moments back then… from that point on I followed the team along its ups and downs and even in relegation. But the passion and excitement of the fans never changed."