Wednesday 19 November 2014

Xavi would like to coach Barça one day

nearing retirement

During an interview with 'Els Matins' on TV3, Xavi Hernández revealed that he would like to train to become a coach, at Barça if possible, once he hangs up his boots.
Xavi also admitted that he does not have that much football left in him: "My playing days are numbered. I'm 34 years old and turn 35 in January. I want to enjoy this stage as much as possible. Everybody tells me it's the best one of all", he divulged.
"Later on I want to train to be a coach and learn English. I don’t know what the future holds, but I'd like to remain in the world of football and, of course, at Barcelona".
The player also looked back on his summer conundrum in which he eventually opted to remain at Barcelona: "We thought that maybe it was time for me to leave the club, but in the end my emotions came out on top. The sports directors were the key".