Thursday 9 April 2015

ASSURES THAT HIS DREAM WAS ALWAYS TO PLAY FOR BARÇA


Luis Suárez revealed that "Real Madrid were very interested in me, but my dream was always to play for Barça. When I heard the name 'Barcelona', I didn't hesitate for a moment".

Are Barça the best team in the world?
Yes, they are for me. For all what the club is and what it stands for. For me, yes.

If you hadn't gone to Barça, would you have played for Real Madrid?
You never know what will happen in football, but luck would have it that Barça knocked on my door, and that was the club I wanted. It was a dream that I had had for many years and it came true.

Playing alongside Messi and Neymar lessens your chances of scoring?
No, quite the opposite. For me it is a privilege; it makes life easier for me, because in the other teams I have played in I felt an enormous responsibility. Being surrounded by such great players is a weight off.

Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo...
Messi

League leaders, in the quarter-finals in the Champions League, in the cup final... Is there talk in the dressing room of winning all three?
No, we don't talk about winning all three in the dressing room. But there is talk that we are able to do so.

And they say that you all play badly. Does that surprise you?
No, it doesn't really surprise me, but the people were used to the 'tiki-taka' style, an attractive way of playing. What has happened is that today it's such a close-run competition and when the teams are so close on points you have to be more direct in your game, go straight for the win.