Thursday 9 April 2015

TALKING ABOUT THE GAMES AND HIS METHODOLOGY


José Mourinho considers that every day he is improving as a manager and that he is fast becoming an expert in all that is necessary to succeed as a football manager since he started his career in Portugal 15 years ago. “I have a problem, which is I’m getting better at everything related to my job since I started. There has been evolution in many different areas – the way I read the game; the way I prepare the game; the way I train; the methodology… I feel better and better."

Speaking openly in this lengthy interview, he explained that he still has a lot of time left in him as a football coach and that up to now, everything is going just fine.
“You know, in football, I’m not so old. At 52 maybe I have 20 years in front of me to coach. 

But I feel myself as… you might say an ‘old fox’, Mourinho reflected. "Nothing scares me, nothing worries me too much; it looks like nothing new can happen for me. I am very, very stable in the control of these emotions but I need my time to think. Not wake up in the middle of the night worrying about somebody’s injury, or the tactic for this match. I need to reflect, I need to try to anticipate problems. I need my time”, he said.

The Portuguese manager also assured that has the same attitude as always when talking with the press: "There is one point where I cannot change: when I face the media, I am never a hypocrite.”